[mapserver-users] Tracking vehicles, Displaying positions

Venkat Rao Tammineni vtammineni at roulacglobal.com
Wed Nov 5 05:19:34 EST 2008

Hi,

   1)There are different ways to place GPS points on map.

     a)  You can display points using OGR direct connection, Please refer
below url

            http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/ogrmysql/?searchterm=ovf

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/debian-odbc-mysql/?searchterm=ovf

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/vector_data/VirtualSpatialData/?
searchterm=ovf

2)And You can not create DWG file by using mapfile.Mapfile will give you
image format.

Please have a look below url.

  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/vector_data/format_types

I hope this helps you.