[mapserver-users] Tracking vehicles, Displaying positions

Carmelo Saffioti csaffi at libero.it
Wed Nov 5 05:39:58 EST 2008

Thank you Venkat for your reply,
it's interesting to know that it's possible to access coordinates data
directly from the MySql db...
but before displaying points on the map, I need to understand how can I
"create" a map from my planimetry DWG cad file...

I hope you can help me
Cheers
Carmelo

Hi,

   1)There are different ways to place GPS points on map.
     a)  You can display points using OGR direct connection, Please refer
below url
            http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/ogrmysql/?searchterm=ovf

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/debian-odbc-mysql/?searchterm=ovf

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/vector_data/VirtualSpatialData/?searchterm=ovf

2)And You can not create DWG file by using mapfile.Mapfile will give you
image format.
Please have a look below url.

  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/vector_data/format_types

I hope this helps you.