[mapserver-users] Adding symbols on top of polyline elements

Adrian Popa adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro
Mon Nov 10 04:51:28 EST 2008

Hello everybody,

I have a map that displays roads stored in a polyline format. I would
like to mark one-way streets with an arrow symbol drawn on top of the
road itself. The symbol can be as small as possible (for beginning I
would like to be able to superimpose it anywhere between the street
ends, and later on I will lock it to be next to one of the ends).

I can already select the one way streets based on the following template:

CLASS

       Name
"OneWay"

       EXPRESSION
/^FO040127$|^FO040132$|^FO040139$|^FO040120$|^FO040104$|^FO040131$|^FO040146$|^FO040129$/

STYLE

          COLOR 255 0
0

          WIDTH
4

END

LABEL

           COLOR 0 0
255

           TYPE
TRUETYPE

           FONT
arial

           SIZE
8

           ANTIALIAS
TRUE

           POSITION
AUTO

           ANGLE AUTO
           PARTIALS
TRUE

           MINDISTANCE
0

           BUFFER 0

END

   END

Can you show me an example of how to draw such a symbol on top of the layer?
Thank you

Adrian