[mapserver-users] Location of msplugin_sde_91.dll - solved

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Nov 11 03:42:00 EST 2008

Robert Sanson wrote:
> Hi
>
> Went through my map files and found it is in the PLUGIN section:
>
> # actual data pointer
>   CONNECTIONTYPE SDE
>   CONNECTIONTYPE PLUGIN
>   CONNECTION "esri-arcsde,port:5165,sde_crs,sansonr,password"
>   PLUGIN "d:/ms4w/apache/specialplugins/msplugin_sde_91.dll"
>   DATA "sde_crs.SDEADMIN.VP_VW,SHAPE"
>
>  >>>>>>>>>>>>>
> We have just installed ms4w onto a D:\ drive on a new server. Trying to
> get SDE connectivity going. When trying to access a layer that uses SDE
> i get the following error:
>
> <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.2.0"
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ogc
> http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/OGC-exception.xsd">
> ?
> <ServiceException code="NoApplicableCode" locator="mapserv">
>
> msWFSGetFeature(): WFS server error. ms_error->code not found
> loadCustomLayerDLL: General error message. Failed to load dynamic Layer
> LIB: c:/ms4w/apache/specialplugins/msplugin_sde_91.dll
> msGetSymbol(): General error message. Can't load requested dynamic
> library: c:/ms4w/apache/specialplugins/msplugin_sde_91.dll
>
> </ServiceException>
> </ServiceExceptionReport>
>
> Where is this location set so I can re-point to
> d:/ms4w/apache/specialplugins/msplugin_sde_91.dll?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Robert

You can see the documentation for SDE with MS4W in your local install
at: /ms4w/README_INSTALL.txt, and also online at:
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL.html#sde

You can also subscribe to the MS4W mailing list to ask configuration
questions such as yours: subscribe at
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/ms4w-users

--
Jeff McKenna