[mapserver-users] How to set SCALEBAR size and intervals in MapServer CGI >5.0?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Nov 12 08:19:50 EST 2008

John Maurer wrote:

> On further investigation, I've discovered that I must specify a map file
> parameter as so in an HTTP GET request:
>
> map_scalebar=size+width+height+intervals+value
>
> But alternatively, I must use a different method for specifying these
> map file parameters in an HTTP POST request:
>
> map_scalebar_size=width+height
> map_scalebar_intervals=value

Are you sure that map.scalebar=size+width+height+intervals+value doesn't
work for both GET and POST? Are you really pointing to the same copy of
mapserver in both cases? What errors do you get when you use that?

That's really what you should be using for 5.0, if that doesn't work
then there is a bug and we'd need a ticket with a reproduceable test
case to look into it. More examples are available in the 5.0 migration
guide at
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/branches/branch-5-0/mapserver/MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT

Daniel
--