[mapserver-users] White screen after editing mapfile

"Constanze Blübaum" cbluebaum at gmx.de
Thu Nov 13 10:33:32 EST 2008

Robert,

I make the hole mapserver on my local machine under windows. I tested it with a local apache server. Then I make some edits to the mapfile (e.g. imagepath) and put it on the internet server (virtual server under linux). It runs fine. I want to do my changes on the local machine and put the updates via ftp to the internet server.
The mystery is, that that mapserver works fine at one moment, but without doing edits on the mapfile, just deleting and copiing again to internet server, it crashes.
Could there be a link between the mapserver (or some other process or file) and the mapfile, which is cut when deleting the mapfile. I thought that, the mapfile is read new by the mapserver everytime a new map is build.

Constanze

-------- Original-Nachricht --------