[mapserver-users] Arabic labeling problem again?!!!

Jackey Cheung cheung.jackey at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 00:17:28 EST 2008

We've build the MapServer 5.2 on a Linux server, with fribidi2 0.19.1, to
try show Arabic labels. But the words are not joined. Then we've tried on an
MS4W 2.3.0 server, it's worse.
We are using PostGIS, and the database is using UTF8 (pgpr.png), while all
Arabic data can be shown correctly on my English Windows XP, and we've tried
some more machines, or on IE, to make sure that Arabic text in database are
really UTF8.

Here's the images: http://www3.mapasia.com/jackout/ara.png

The part of the map file is as follow, where the "arbic-trans" is a Arabic
TrueType font named "Arabic Transparent":
LABEL
ANGLE FOLLOW
PRIORITY [priority]
ENCODING "UTF-8"