[mapserver-users] Create a file "GML" from a layer of type"annotation".

Pietro Giannini pgiannini at bytewise.it
Fri Nov 21 04:43:09 EST 2008

If I understood, you want to use mapserver as a label-generator, because
the algorithm used satisfy you, but IMHO there is no method to extract the
labels generated from mapserver, also using mapscript.

In your place, I would use directly a desktop GIS, whatever you want, to
generate labels directly from layer source.
Try UDig (udig.refractions.net) as free GIS, it has a non-collision
algorithm for objects labels.

ciao