[mapserver-users] Is using ECW format allowed or not?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Oct 20 10:05:18 EDT 2008

Hi,

I know that I can use ECW format with MapServer both as input and
output. What I cannot figure out is if I am allowed to do so. Reading
the document "ECW/JP2 CODEC SDK End-User License Agreement" that I found
from the still existing ER Mapper download page does not help me a bit.
We can create however big ECW images for local use because we have ER
Mapper image compressor license, but how about using ECW with MapServer?

1. Can we use our compressed ECW images as input for MapServer WMS?
2. Can we use ECW as an output format for MapServer WCS?

-Jukka Rahkonen-