[mapserver-users] TEMP FOLDER
danlittle at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 16:35:07 EDT 2008
I've cross posted this onto the geomoose user's list.
1) Temp folder files (in MS4W) can over-write themsevles, I haven't seen a lot of problems with this personally, if there's something that causing you specific heart-ache then you may have to specify.
2) Changing the "draw polygon" icon in geomoose is pretty easy.
a) Have an image available somewhere, I'm going to use "/images/draw_poly_icon.png" for my example.
b) Open the mapbook, go to the <service> tag that defines the draw polygon service.
c) Inside of the <service ...> tag add an "icon" attribute. Ex: <service title="Draw Polygon" icon="/images/draw_poly_icon.png">
d) You may also want to add a different Icon for when the tool is selected, repeat the process above but instead of using "icon" as the attribute name use "highlight"
3) Depends on your level of previous database knowledge. On the whole, there is a wealth of documentation on Postgresql.org and on the PostGIS website. There are also any number of books that are quite good, reasonably priced, and widely available. If you already have a strong back ground in database use, then the docs on the website usually provide analogs to Oracle or MySQL experience which can be enough for some people.
From: ntiamoah bernard <ntiamoah578 at yahoo.com>
To: mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 2:47:53 PM
Subject: [mapserver-users] TEMP FOLDER
I need help on these questions
1. Is it possible for the files in the temp folder to overwrite themselves without me going in and clearing all the time?
2. How do i change the image for "draw polygon" in the toolbar of geomoose?
3. i want to learn posgresql and postgis. Any suggestions
That's all guys thanks a lot
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mapserver-users