[mapserver-users] WMS query problems in Mapserver 5.2

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Tue Sep 2 07:07:35 EDT 2008

FYI this was addressed in http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2737
and will be in 5.2.1

..Tom

________________________________

	From: mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of capgre
	Sent: 01 September, 2008 11:34 AM
	To: mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
	Subject: [mapserver-users] WMS query problems in Mapserver 5.2

	Hi, We just installed the version 5.2 of Mapserver in our
server. We have noticed that when performing a WMS query (GetMap,
GetFeatureInfo or GetLegendGraphic requests), if the parameter
SERVICE=WMS is not provided, Mapserver returns the following exception:
msWFSDispatch(): WFS server error. Incomplete WFS request: SERVICE
parameter missing Requests without the parameter work fine when using
prior versions of mapserver. As long as I know, the WMS specification
does not mention that this parameter is mandatory in the requests
(except in GetCapabilities). Does anyone know if this behavior is
expected in mapserver or should be considered a bug?