[MAPSERVER-USERS] How to handle correctly OL 'gutter' parameter with mapserver (illustrated)

BrainDrain paulborodaev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 17:06:49 EDT 2008

I use OpenLayers in conjunction with MapServer. I construct image with
256x256 tiles and when I got problem with partilal pixmap simbols 32x32
http://www.nabble.com/file/p19278385/ex1.jpg
I have fixed it by using 'oversize' tile effect of putting gutter (16px)
parameter into may OL layer:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p19278385/ex2.jpg
but this solution produces other problem, which I don't know how to fix -
partial labels (specifying 'PARTIALS FALSE' in map file doesn't help in this
case because it deals with real (requested) tile image size, not with
visible size):
http://www.nabble.com/file/p19278385/ex3.jpg
This is very important for me now!
I could replace pixmap's with truetype's, but could it helps me?