[mapserver-users] Problem with MapServer WCS's (ms4w-2.2.8) support for ArcSDE 9.2

Yaxing Wei weiy at ornl.gov
Wed Sep 3 12:38:08 EDT 2008

I'm trying to connect MapServer (ms4w-2.2.8) WMS and WCS with ArcSDE 9.2
database.

I used the following configuration in the WMS mapfile and MapServer WMS
works fine with ArcSDE data sources:
  LAYER
    NAME "dem_layer"
    TYPE RASTER
    CONNECTIONTYPE PLUGIN
    PLUGIN "C:/Program Files/ms4w/Apache/specialplugins/msplugin_sde_92.dll"
    DATA "SDE:host,port:5151,sde,username,password,SDE.SDE.DEM_LAYER,RASTER"
    STATUS ON
    METADATA
      "wms_title" "dem_layer"
      "wms_srs" "EPSG:4326"
    END
  END

I tried to use a similar configuration in WCS mapfile:
  LAYER
    NAME "dem_layer"
    TYPE RASTER
    CONNECTIONTYPE PLUGIN
    PLUGIN "C:/Program Files/ms4w/Apache/specialplugins/msplugin_sde_92.dll"
    DATA "SDE:host,port:5151,sde,username,password,SDE.SDE.DEM_LAYER,RASTER"
    STATUS ON
    METADATA
      "wcs_label"           "dem_layer"
      "wcs_srs"             "EPSG:4326"
      "wcs_formats"         "GeoTIFF"
      "wcs_rangeset_name"   "Rangeset"
      "wcs_rangeset_label"  "Rangeset"
    END
    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4326"
    END
    DUMP TRUE
  END

The Exception message for a WCS request to this layer looks like:
msWCSGetCoverageMetadata(): Unable to access file.
`D:/Data/wcs_data/SDE:host,port:5151,sde,username,password,SDE.SDE.DEM_LAYER,RASTER'
does not exist in the file system, and is not recognised as a supported
dataset name.

Seems MapServer WCS doesn't recoganise this data is in fact from ArcSDE.
It always tries to access a file in a local directory
(D:/Data/wcs_data/), which is specified by parameter SHAPEPATH.

Can anyone help me to figure this out? Thanks.

Sincerely,
Yaxing