Fwd: [mapserver-users] ArcSDE 9.2 support

Oscar Gomez ogomez2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 11:24:55 EDT 2008

 My 2 cents: ArcSDE 9.2 stores by default in Unicode.

I'm afraid you'll need to reload all the data again to ArcSDE, using a
keyword that does not store the string data in unicode by default.

Workaround:

a) Create a new ArcSDE keyword (or modify a existing one) with sdedbtune -o
export (and after -o import), to include the following entry:
UNICODE_STRING             "FALSE"

b) Load the data using an ArcSDE Oracle Spatial (SDO) keyword, then use
MapServer with Oracle Spatial, removing the "ANNO_CAD_DATA" with the query
in the map file.

Best,

Oscar

*
*****************************************************************************************************************************
*

*Oscar GOMEZ PRIETO*

*Joint Research Centre
European Commmission                                  *

*Institute for Environment and Sustainability
Rural, Water and Ecosystem Resources Unit                       *

*Building 26A Office nº132 TP 262
Via Enrico Fermi 2749
I-21027, ISPRA(VA) Italy

Tel. **+39 - 03.32.78.38.24
E-mail: **oscar.gomez at jrc.it* <oscar.gomez at jrc.it>*
Unit Web site: **http://agrienv.jrc.it/** ***

*DISCLAIMER:** The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may
not in any circumstances
be regarded as stating an official position of the European Commission.*

*P** ** **Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail***