[mapserver-users] JOIN in a mapfile from a shapefile to a MySQL database

Minka Stoyanova minka.stoyanova at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 12:13:39 EDT 2008

Hello,

It's the first time i try to make a JOIN in a mapfile layer. I want to query
a mysql database for some attributes (columns) of a selected point from the
point layer.

This is the layer definition:

  LAYER # States point layer 1 begins here
    NAME         "meteostations"
    DATA         meteostationstotal_11
    STATUS       ON
    TYPE         POINT
    CLASS
      SYMBOL 'circle'
      SIZE 8
      COLOR 255 0 0
      OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
    END
    TEMPLATE "sometemplate.html" TOLERANCE 3 TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
    METADATA
      "DESCRIPTION"    "Meteo stations"
      "RESULT_FIELDS"  "A sin_kod NAME IME longi X_COO lat Y_COO"
# the result fields are mixed - the* names of some columns* from the
shapefile and from the database
    END
    JOIN
      NAME FirstJoin
      CONNECTION
'MYSQL:meteo,host=some_IP,user=myuser,password=mypassword,tables=bgc'
      CONNECTIONTYPE ogr
      FROM A
      TABLE bgc
      TO sin_kod
      TYPE ONE-TO-ONE
    END
  END # States point layer 1 ends here

I receive no error (neighther in the mapserver.log file, nor in the web
server logs) BUT I don't receive any info from the database.

Thanks in advance!