[mapserver-users] Trouble with Mapserver 4.10.3 and PostGIS layers

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 16:35:57 EDT 2008

Hi,

I recently upgraded from 4.8.4 -> 4.10.3 and began noticing some odd behavior
in a couple of my mapserver-based applications.

This error would regularly appear whenever an image was drawn using PHP
mapscript, from data stored in a PostGIS database:

prepare_database(): Error executing POSTGIS BEGIN statement.

Refreshing the page would result in the image being drawn, and no error
message.

Another odd thing I noticed were these errors in my Postgresql log:

ERROR:  cursor "mycursor" does not exist
WARNING:  there is already a transaction in progress
ERROR:  cursor "mycursor" does not exist
WARNING:  there is already a transaction in progress

Switching back to Mapserver 4.8.4 causes these problems to go away. I am
compiling against GD 2.0.33 [patched for antialiasing] and PHP 4.4.8. The
database is Postgresql 8.1.2, with PostGIS version 1.3.2.

Is it time to upgrade everything to their latest version? Other ideas?

Thanks,

Dylan

--
Dylan Beaudette