[MAPSERVER-USERS] FastCGI and trouble writing to the MS_ERRORFILE

Pål Kristensen pal.kristensen at statkart.no
Wed Sep 10 09:06:53 EDT 2008

Hi!

I have done some MapServer (5.2) performance tests with and without FastCGI.
When requesting av map with the fcgi-bin url the mapserv.exe process is not
closed (and this is correct). In this case MapServer does not write anything
to the logfile, but when a map is requested with the regular cgi-bin url the
logfile is written correctly when the process is terminated. I have tried to
set the MS_ERRORFILE both in the map file and in the appache config file,
but neither do any difference.

The strange thing is that if I stop the apache service, then suddenly the
fastCGI mapserv.exe writes a lot to the logfile before it close down.

Is there a way to get mapserv.exe to write to the log file when initiated in
fastCGI mode?

Regards,
Pål Kristensen