[mapserver-users] Can a CLASS be transparent?

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 15:56:35 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the list and am not sure if this has been properly answered
already.  The old posts that I have found all seem slightly different
regarding this topic, so I thought it would be safest to ask again.

Is it possible to set a CLASS to be transparent?  The use-case being that I
would like to put a raster layer underneath a layer of US states, and
selectively expose the rasters by making specific states transparent.  I
suppose that I could write a CLASS expression for each state, and simply
omit an entry for each state that I want exposed, but I wonder if there is a
better way?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can give.

Roger