[mapserver-users] WCS 1.1.0 support in MapServer 5.2?

Glenn Waldron gwaldron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 10:00:53 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>wrote:

> Glenn Waldron wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've built MS 5.2.0 on Ubuntu with the --with-wcs option, but I cannot get
>> WCS 1.1.0 support to work. In response to a query like:
>>

>> http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/maps/srtm.map&SERVICE=WCS&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities<
>> http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/maps/srtm.map&SERVICE=WCS&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
>> >

>> I get the response:
>>
>> msWCSDispatch(): WCS server error. WCS Server does not support VERSION
>> 1.1.0. <http://1.1.0.>
>>
>> What is the proper way to enable WCS 1.1.0 support in MS 5.2.0?
>>

> Glenn,
>
> WCS 1.1.0 (and SOS) support also requires libxml.  You will need to add
> something like this to your configure (assuming you have libxml2 available.
>
> --with-xml2-config=/usr/bin/xml2-config
>
> Best regards,

Frank, thanks for the quick reply. I do have libxml2, and I tried adding the
directive above, but I still get the same response. WCS 1.0.0 works but
1.1.0 does not. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks again, your help is much appreciated.
Glenn

--
Glenn Waldron : Pelican Mapping : http://pelicanmapping.com :
+1.703.652.4791