[MAPSERVER-USERS] Debian Oracle10g OCI

dzizes dzizes451 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 08:05:40 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've installed mapserver on Debian (lenny distribution). I've managed to
create mapfile based on shp data and successfully send a wms request to get
a map. I seems that mapserver works fine.

I've also installed oracle-ex and I can connect to my Oracle via sqlplus.
However, when I request wms (to a map file pointing to Oracle10g) I receive
the following:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'test'.
msOracleSpatialLayerOpen(): OracleSpatial error. OracleSpatial is not
supported

I've found that I need OCI installed and configured properly, but there is
no clear tutorial.
Please provide me a some step by step guide.

Greets,
Michal