[mapserver-users] WMS loadparams weird behavior on Ubuntu

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Sep 15 15:55:42 EDT 2008

Answering my own question, here's what I found:

At first I had installed the php5 apache module, then quickly
remembered CGI would be better and installed that.  I thought I had
uninstalled the php module, but I was mistaken.  So all this time PHP
was running as the Apache module.

I got PHP CGI running and now the WMS request loadparams() works.
Apparently WMS doesn't work on PHP as Apache module (my OSX system
uses PHP CGI).  Or maybe there is a way to make it work? (though I
don't really care now that I have PHP CGI running)

On Sep 15, 2008, at 11:32 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> I testing/debugging some WMS PHP on Ubuntu 8.04 that works on OSX.
>
> On OSX I have MapServer 5.0.0.  Same on Ubuntu, from the repositories.
>
> When my PHP script gets to the loadparams() statement it immediately
> sends data back to the browser, in some unknown form (Firefox pops
> up the open in/save dialog).  If I save it, it's 0 bytes.
>
> The PHP magic_quotes_gpc was on, so I turned it off, but that didn't
> help.  The GET params appear to be properly escaped and the request
> has all the required parameters (I took the URL from the request
> OpenLayers was sending).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a
bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy