[mapserver-users] Ed's Rules for the Best Raster Performance

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Mon Sep 15 16:40:55 EDT 2008

I love it!  I had some half-baked convoluted list-of-tileindexes idea; this is much better.

	We may have to allow PROJECTION=AUTO for the tiles (in the case where the tiles are in UTM several zones), and allow the tile index to be in a different SRS (e.g geographic) than the tiles (I can't recall if this already implemented; I know it caused me a problem some years ago).

A elegant enhancement with great potential...

Brent