[mapserver-users] GRID or not to GRID (USNG question)

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Sep 15 18:36:32 EDT 2008

All,

in the following interface:

http://gis.ci.stpaul.mn.us/gis/gismo_public/html/?mapbook=/datasets/CONFIGS/SAINT_PAUL/PUBLIC_WORKS/MAPBOOKS/TS/usng_1st.xml

The last two layers in the "US National Grid Layers" folder show a layer with lines Easting and Northing, that I want to label.  They label just fine, but I would like to align them along an edge of the view automatically, the ideal situation would be to have two labels on each  end of the lines along the edges of the view.

We've tried using the GRID object, even going so modifying the source for GRID, you can see an example in the third to last layer above, "USNG via MapServer GRID" (Wait for it, it's kinda slow right now)  And just can't seem to get the output in any sort of usable result for printing.

Question, anyone got any ideas about how to align those labels along the edges?

Thanks

bobb