[mapserver-users] rotation of vector symbol

Alberto Poggi albpoggi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 09:08:37 EDT 2008

My problem is that my files are derived from dwg files Autodesk map.
the export shape files showing the rotation following the rules of
autocad, namely east, north, west and south.

This type of rotation is used by all the owner cad and gis software.
So it is a "standard" set many years ago that still is valid and not
changeable and, in my opinion, the proper functioning of MapServer in
the rotation of the symbols can not be separated from this rule.
However you do notice that I wrote in my other messages that the
problem in MapServer is exclusively in the representation of the
symbols while the label following the rotation instead of autocad.
This makes me think that is a mistake in the programming of MapServer.

However, I agree with you, everything would be much easier if the
rotation follow clockwise from the north.