[mapserver-users] mapserver 5 TIFF displaying problem

Emerson, Gabe gemerson at WelshCo.com
Wed Sep 17 10:45:01 EDT 2008

Raivo,

I sometimes get odd artifacts showing up on my PNG24 maps as well. I don't know if it's related to your problem, but I believe mine is client-related based on its behavior, even though it happens on multiple computers and browsers.

Every now and then, my map comes out looking like this: https://netfiles.umn.edu/users/emers089/www/imgerror.jpg

It doesn't always look the same, sometimes  the map is greyed out or covered in mostly black, sometimes only part of the map is affected.

Since it's unpredictable and infrequent, I haven't been able to test very much. However, It clears itself immediately when I click anything on the page, or when I resize the browser window. That makes me think that my problem is related to client-side graphics drivers; the correct image is already in the browser, just hidden under the artifacting. I've been meaning to play around with driver updates, but it hasn't been enough of an issue.

-Gabe