[mapserver-users] geomfromtext (POSTGIS) in C# or other language...

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 17:32:56 EDT 2008

Paul,

You should probably do the following steps when creating a new layer
from scratch:

// Register OGR

Ogr.RegisterAll();

// Get the postgis driver
Driver drv = Ogr.GetDriverByName("PostgreSQL");

// Create the datasource
DataSource ds = drv.CreateDataSource( [data source name], new string[] {} );

// Create the layer
Layer layer = ds.CreateLayer( [layer name], null,
wkbGeometryType.wkbPoint, new string[] {} );

// Adding attribute fields to the layers if needed
FieldDefn fdefn = new FieldDefn( "Name", FieldType.OFTString );
fdefn.SetWidth(32);
layer.CreateField( fdefn, 1 ) ;

// Adding features to the layer
Feature feature = new Feature( layer.GetLayerDefn() );
feature.SetField( "Name", "value" );
Geometry geom = Geometry.CreateFromWkt("POINT(47.0 19.2)");
feature.SetGeometry( geom );
layer.CreateFeature( feature );

Best regards,

Tamas