[mapserver-users] Mapserver and GDB files

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Sep 22 10:59:47 EDT 2008

Fawcett, David wrote:
> .gdb files are ESRI's new File Geodatabase proprietary format.  I am
> quite sure that OGR/FWTools does not support it.

David,

Ah thanks.  Indeed they are not supported and it is hard to imagine they
will be supported for a while.  ESRI has indicated in the past that they
intend to provide an open mechanism to access the file geodatabase and that
is still likely to happen at some point.  However, I think this would be
quite a few months away at best.

Best regards,