[mapserver-users] mapserver + MS SQL

Ivan Mincik ivan.mincik at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 04:04:02 EDT 2008

Hi list,
At first, I would like to say that I am not a fan in replacing perfect PostGIS database to MS SQL, but I must to adapt to customer's needs.
I would like to ask if somebody has experience with loading data to mapserver from MS SQL Spatial 2008.
Now, in 5.2 there is possibility to use new PLUGIN for MS SQL, which is only for Windows ....
Other possibility is to use ODBC connection through OGR which can be working also in Linux.

So my questions are :
1. Is there any other possibility ?
2. What is Your experience with performance when using ODBC connection through OGR ?
3. What is Your experience with performance when using new PLUGIN for MS SQL in 5.2 ?

Thanks a lot
--

Ivan