[mapserver-users] How to pimp WMS meta information?

Barend Kobben kobben at itc.nl
Fri Sep 26 03:31:54 EDT 2008

Ah, that might be true, never tried it. I just followed up on the comment
about using mapscript to alter the Getcapabilities.xml, and reminded you
that the <VendorSpecificCapabilities />  element would be the place to go if
you don't want a Validator to choke on the xml you've created...

Barend

On 26-09-08 09:27, "Jochen Topf" <jochen at remote.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 09:05:06AM +0200, Barend Kobben wrote:
>> FYI, the valid way to extend the GetCapabilities is to use the
>> <VendorSpecificCapabilities />  element. (See the WMS spec on the OGC pages
>> www.opengeospatial.org)
>
> And I'd rather use that, but as far as I know you can't set this from a
> Mapserver map file?
>
> Jochen

International Institute for Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC)
Chamber of Commerce: 410 27 560

E-mail disclaimer
The information in this e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action in relation to the content of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please delete the message and any attachment and inform the sender by return e-mail. ITC accepts no liability for any error or omission in the message content or for damage of any kind that may arise as a result of e-mail transmission.