[mapserver-users] High resolution printing

Milo van der Linden mlinden at zeelandnet.nl
Tue Sep 30 12:26:12 EDT 2008

Hello list!

I have been searching the web for tips and tricks, but basically what I
need is a method or procedure or (commercial) tool that can enhance my
mapserver installation to enable high resolution printing.

What I am looking for is the best practice to:

- Add a button to our website
- Let the button start a script or program that processes the active
layers in the map view based upon the current extent
- Generate a mixture of high-res images and optionally svg or alike for
linework
- combine the works in a pdf
- present the pdf for download to the user

I would also like to know if there are any commercial, mapserver based,
solutions for this. I am also willing to hire an expert to achieve this.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Milo van der Linden