[mapserver-users] ArcSDE 9.3 Support.

Nelson Soto NSoto at plotplans.com
Tue Sep 30 15:45:00 EDT 2008

Unfortunately, I'm trying to get the msplugin_sde_92.dll to even load as
a plug in at all. I get the following error :

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named
'parcels-sde'. loadCustomLayerDLL: General error message. Failed to load
dynamic Layer LIB: D:\ms4w\Apache\specialplugins\msplugin_sde_92.dll
msGetSymbol(): General error message. Can't load requested dynamic
library: D:\ms4w\Apache\specialplugins\msplugin_sde_92.dll

The path is correct but is likely one of that dll's dependencies...

Ogrinfo and gdalinfo took some time to report 'SDE' in the formats list
and it was due to not being able to find the ArcGIS SDK dlls... I
couldn't figure out why (I did run SETENV.bat) so I just copied them
into the gdal-ogr folder and didn't overwrite any of the files that
perhaps may be shared but I'm sure this will lead to issues...

What steps did you follow to get this set up correctly? I have used ms4w
instructions for enabling and this doesn't seem to be effective... I
have the ArcSDE 9.3 C API SDK installed.