[mapserver-users] OUTPUTFORMAT to suppress formats in GetCapabilities?

Christopher Lynnes Chris.Lynnes at nasa.gov
Tue Sep 30 18:03:30 EDT 2008

I would like to suppress tiff as an option in our GetCapabilities
response.  As an experiment, I added an OUTPUTFORMAT section with a
single format, png, to my map file, but MapServer (ver. 5.2) proceeds
to add the other default formats in on its own to the GetCapabilities
response.  Has anyone seen this before?

(I know the OUTPUTFORMAT section I added in is being "seen", because
if I mung it (e.g. "ping" instead of "png"), the munged version shows
up in the GetCapabilities response.)  Here is what I am using:

     OUTPUTFORMAT
         NAME png
         DRIVER "GD/PNG"
         MIMETYPE "image/png"
         IMAGEMODE RGBA
         EXTENSION "png"
     END

--
Christopher Lynnes             NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2
301-614-5185