[mapserver-users] Blank Image with Example-1 of PHP/MapScript

Neha neha.hw at nic.in
Sat Aug 1 03:01:08 EDT 2009

We have subscribed to this mailing list and are getting lot of help
from this forum.

1. We are beginners in MapServer-PHP/MapScript (on Fedora10).

2. We are interested only in the Open Source solution of MapServer-PHP/MapScript.

3. We have installed the following on Fedora 10.

   Apache-2.2.11 compiled from sources.
   PHP-4.4.9 compiled from sources, as a module of Apache
   MapServer-5.4.1
   PHP-MapScript-Revision 8814, date 19-March-2009

   When we are trying the Example-1 of PHP/MapScript from the
URL http://mapserver.org/mapscript/php/by_example.html#our-first-application
we are facing the following difficulties

   Blank Image files are getting created.
   The 'europe' shapefiles and Symbol Set may be made available.

   My doubt is whether PHP-4.4.9 is to be compiled as CGI module ?

   Thanks in advance

Regards
Neha Waikar