[mapserver-users] WMS-GetFeatureInfo and EMPTY-mapfile-tag

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Wed Aug 12 09:57:17 EDT 2009

Hello Daniel,

thanks for your reply.

Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com>, [20090812 - 09:02:21]

> Stephan Holl wrote:
> > Dear MapServers,
> >
> > can somebody put some light in the behaviour of the
> > EMPTY-mapfile-tag in combination with WMS GetFeatureInfo-Requests?
> >

> Which version of MapServer are you using? Support for the EMPTY
> keyword in WMS GetFeatureInfo was added only in v5.2 (ticket #546).

We tried with version 4.6.1; does your above sentence means that it is
only added in v5.2 or >=5.2?

> > Currently I cannot make it work with a valid HTML-template provided
> > within the EMPTY-mapfile-tag and a request with
> > info_format=text/html.
> >

> What do you get? An error message? A blank page?

Currently we get a blank page back.

> Something else?
>
> What do you put in the EMPTY parameter? It should be a URL for a
> redirect and not an actual template, see
> http://mapserver.org/mapfile/web.html

Yes, I have read that already. So the behaviour between the
EMPTY-keyword changed somewhere, because I was of the opinion that
there could have been set a file as well in earlier version of
mapserver 4.10.x (at least for CGI-mode).

Best

	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de> | Tel.: +49 (0)541-33 508 3663
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 OS  |  AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998