[mapserver-users] How to Optimize Particular Raster Lookup

Pavel Iacovlev iacovlev.pavel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 12:12:35 EDT 2009

I would make something among this lines like cache all elevation for
each geometry.

1. Create a table elevation_points
id - (index)
table - table name (index) (if you have multiple data tables)
parent_id - id of the linestring (index)
the_geom - point - (index)
value - elevation value

2.
Make a PHP script that populates elevation_pointst table using the
algorithm you already developed, or create a ON UPDATE trigger for the
geometry, so then the geometry is changed the elevation_points are set
accordingly to changes.

3.
Using a SQL JOIN fetch the data in a preferred way very fast.

http://iap.md, The future is open