[mapserver-users] Removing collars on raster images

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Aug 14 07:27:28 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have not played with either lately. At least one difference is that gdal_merge.py can't warp images. Gdalwarp has also lots of more options.  Long time ago I used modified gdal_merge.py first for creating a virtual raster file (.VRT) which I used later as input file for gdalwarp. Now there seems to be a separate tool for this purpose, gdalbuildvrt. Is even seems to acceps Mapserver tileindex files as input. I guess that if you'll select to make rectangular images with no nodata areas then the work chain would include (gdaltindex) - gdalbuildvrt - gdalwarp.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Espen Isaksen wrote