[mapserver-users] msOGRFileNextShape(): OGR error. TopologyException: side location conflict

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Aug 18 08:12:26 EDT 2009

Friend Vn 2000 wrote:
> I still get this error now ( I use MS4W v2.3.1 - mapserv 5.2.1 ).
> My data source is a .mdb Personal Geodabase file. This is the first time
> I use this kind for input. I found the map engine doesn't work stably
> and this error appears frequently. Sometime the error not shown but some
> features in the map disappear mysterious-ly.

I see two possibilities: it is either a bug in the OGR driver for
Personal Geodatabase, or the specific file you are trying to open does
not have clean topology in it, but either way this is very unlikely to
be a direct MapServer issue. The first thing you should do is ensure
that the dataset has clean topology in it. I'm sorry, I don't know how
to do that with recent versions of ESRI software, but I remember that in
the days of Arc/Info 7.x you'd do a CLEAN/BUILD on your coverage to
rebuild the topology.

Once you are sure that the topology is valid, you could try running
GDAL/OGR's "ogrinfo" or "ogr2ogr" utilities on your dataset, if it's a
OGR driver problem then the utilities will probably produce the same
errors, in which case your best bet would be to file a GDAL/OGR ticket
with a dataset to reproduce the issue, so that the maintainer of the
driver can have a look and see if something can be done about this issue.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/