[mapserver-users] Fatal error: Call to undefined function dl() in C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\phpmapscript.php on line 5

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Dec 1 08:20:36 EST 2009

geetha at ttkmaps.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>

>   I tried to install php/mapscript in windows,I get the above error.I
> use mapserver version 5.4.2,Apache 2.2.11,PHP 5.3.Php works fine.Im able
> to run files with .php extension,but the below coding produces error:
>
> <HTML>
> <BODY>
>
> <?php
> dl("php_mapscript.dll");
> phpinfo();
> ?>
>
> </BODY>
> </HTML>
>
> My php_mapscript.dll is in ..php/ext folder by default.My php.ini &
> php.exe is in /ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin.Is there any other dll i should
> add?It is said php/mapscript is preconfigured right...then what might be
> wrong?Thanks in advance.
>
> NewUser.

Hello NewUser,

Since PHP version 5.3.0 you can no longer use PHP's dl() function (it
has been deprecated and removed as noted in
http://ca2.php.net/manual/en/function.dl.php).

In MS4W version 3.0 the mapscript dll is already enabled, through the
php.ini

If you have any questions regarding MS4W, please use the MS4W email list
(subscribe at http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/ms4w-users).

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna