[mapserver-users] WMS: raster's x and y pixel dimension

fla83tn at libero.it fla83tn at libero.it
Tue Dec 1 09:06:35 EST 2009

Hi to all,
I've a problem with the loading of  a raster image via WMS (1.3.0).

To load the layers of my project I use gvSIG. If I load my digital elevation
model (DEM) directly from filesystem (which is a HFA/Erdas Image file - .img),

x and y pixel dimension are fixed to 2.5 and -2.5 meters respectively, and
fixed are also the width and height attributes.
If I load the layer from
Mapserver's WMS instead, x and y pixel dimension change as I zoom in or out (i.
e. changing the width
and height parameters of the getMap request).
Is there
the possibility to tell the wms client that x and y pixel dimension are
constant and should never be calculated?

Here's my layer definition and the
tiff outputformat definition:

OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME GTiff
  DRIVER "GDAL/GTiff"

  MIMETYPE "image/tiff"
  IMAGEMODE FLOAT32
  EXTENSION "tif"
END

LAYER
  NAME
"my_dem"
  EXTENT 669913.75 5143998.75 678313.75 5150701.25

  METADATA

"wms_title"    "my_dem"   ##required
    "wms_extent" "669913.75 5143998.75
678313.75 5150701.25"
    "gml_include_items" "all"
  END
  TYPE RASTER

STATUS ON
  PROJECTION
         "init=epsg:25832"
  END

  DATA "my_dem.tiff"

  PROCESSING "NODATA=-9999"
  PROCESSING "SCALE=227.23,1741.15"
  PROCESSING
"SCALE_BUCKETS=2000"
  PROCESSING "BANDS=1"

  DEBUG on
  DUMP 	true

TEMPLATE "void" # enable queryable attribute on the layer
END

Any help is
appreciated,
Flavio