[mapserver-users] Using Open street map tiles via GDAL_WMS

James Perrins james.perrins at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 14:25:59 EST 2009

Sorry - meant to cover that - should have said this is just a
mechanism to test getting the OSM tiles into a WMS layer - as I
appreciate that if the ultimate aim was getting OSM tiles in
openlayers its a pretty silly way of doing it !

Ultimately the aim was to use them in a custom desktop app along with
other WMS delivered data.  The other possible route is to reference
the tiles directly from the desktop app (which was actually what I was
looking at when I saw this option in GDAL and thought seeing as WMS
service was going to be used anyway - this might be an easier route
getting all the data delivered in in one go)

Thanks