[mapserver-users] WMS: raster's x and y pixel dimension

Gerald Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Tue Dec 1 17:57:56 EST 2009

Jukka

The key issue here is that you should be making the WMS request, and
thus, you know what the spatial extents, projection, and CRS are for
that map.  If all you are doing is using a WMS result someone else got,
without the key metadata, what you have is not a web _map_ but a
picture.  If you've the metadata, you have a map processable via a GIS
or suitable for use on another spatial display system such as MapServer.

gerry