[mapserver-users] Mapserver Expression Result Error

tellett thomas.ellett at statkart.no
Wed Dec 2 09:27:58 EST 2009

Hi all, I've come up against a problem that I just can't seem to fix, so I
hope someone on here has the time to look into this and prove that I'm not
going crazy!!

I've attached a zip file with a stripped down map file with just one layer
and one class and the associated shp file.
http://n2.nabble.com/file/n4100026/flydekning.zip flydekning.zip

The problem is that when I request features with the expression 'BILDEMALES'
= "8000", a filter takes place but clearly not the right one because I just
seem to get random features returned, some correct, most not (having a
BILDEMALES value of 1000, 8000, 20000 etc). I originally tried this with
postgis data and tried regex expressions, string comparisons and logical
mapserver expressions, and with different values for the attribute.
Everytime it returned some right and some wrong values.

The attribute column in postgis was originally var char and I converted it
to numeric, neither worked.

So now I've tried with the original shp file and get the same results. The
attribute in the shp file is of type char. Also, as you can see with the
commented out time extents, originally (when connecting to postgis) I was
just calling records from 1947 (filtering on the fotodato attribute which I
changed to type date in postgis), but with the shp file I should be calling
all records as there is no date filter in place anymore (the fotodato field
in the shp file is of type char). However, even though the records returned
seem to be random, they are all from 1947. This isn't so important, just a
bit weird? I've checked the log file but I seem to just be getting the error
message:

'msSearchDiskTree(): Search returned no results. Unable to open spatial
index for /opt/maps/flyfoto_dekning/flightpass-1-999f.qix. In most cases you
can safely ignore this message, otherwise check file names and permissions.'

The data is in utm32N or epsg:32632

Hope someones encountered this before and knows the fix!!

Regards

Tom Ellett