[mapserver-users] Mapserver compilation on SLES 11 fails ...

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Dec 3 10:37:07 EST 2009

I don't know if we use the stuff from the pgport lib, probably not, but
we use the output of "pg_config --libs" to figure the required
dependencies to link with postgresql. This is the correct way to do
things AFAIK.

My take is that if the SuSe maintainers want to remove libpgport.a from
the -devel package, then they should also edit the pg_config script to
not list it.

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette