[mapserver-users] How to avoid warning messages for WFS and optional metadata

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Fri Dec 4 14:47:56 EST 2009

Hi all

when defining a WFS with MapServer the GetCapabilities request returns
several warnings of the type:

WARNING: Optional metadata ... was missing for ...

if the version is set to 1.1.0 (it does not appear for requested version
1.0.0). I do not really understand why missing *optional* metadata
parameters create a warning output. Therefore my question is if there is
a configuration setting that allows suppressing warnings for missing
optional elements.

Thanks for any hints

Armin

PS: When I remember well this behaviour is the same for WCS in version 1.1.0