[mapserver-users] Leading zeros removed from variabel whenpassed to map file

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Tue Dec 8 09:39:49 EST 2009

Thanks for posting your solution, might help another user. As I understand it you're
quoting the variable on the way into MapServer, right? A simpler solution might be
to just adjust your filter by placing quotes around replacement string, like so:

  FILTER "placeref = '%ref_no%'"

That way PostGIS will interpret it as a string.

Steve

>>> GGould <graeme.gould at grandunionhousing.co.uk> 12/08/09 5:15 AM >>>

Hi

Solved the problem by adding quote marks at the beginning and end of each
ref_no so that the variable is seem by the map file as a string rather than
an integer.

Graeme