[mapserver-users] Item Query

Jay Kapalczynski jkapalczynski at ci.maple-grove.mn.us
Tue Dec 8 16:35:31 EST 2009

Wondering if this is possible?

I have a Service set up to allow the user to input a few choices.
I then am attempting to send those to a .map file to query a layer

Can this be done...I am grabbing at straws here because I don't even know if this can be done?

Service from an xml file:

<service title="SearchByPID" selectable="false" default="false" locked="true" div="PIDsearch">
                <url>/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe</url>
                <input type="hidden" name="map" value="/ms4w/apps/GeoMOOSE/Maple_Grove_GeoMoose/itemquery_PID.map"/>
                <input type="hidden" name="mode" value="nquery"/>
                <input type="hidden" name="layer" value="parcels"/>

                 <input type="select" name="PropertyType" title="Property Type:">
                                <option value="Commercial">Commercial</option>
                                <option value="Residential">Residential</option>
                                <option value="Single Family">Single Family</option>
                                <option value="Townhome">Townhome</option>
                                <option value="Twinhome/Zero Lot">Twinhome/Zero Lot</option>
</input>
                <input type="select" name="PriceFactor" title="Price Factor:">
                                <option value="Greater Than">Greater Than</option>
                                <option value="Less Than">Less Than</option>
                                <option value="Between">Between</option>
                                <option value="Equal To">Equal To</option>
                                <option value="Greater Than Equal To">Greater Than Equal To</option>
                                <option value="Less Than Equal To">Less Than Equal To</option>
</input>
</service>

.map file being called from above.... IS there a way to Use the filter to query the shapefile with the values from the two comboboxes above?
                Can I make a where clause in the Filter....
Filter * WHERE Propertytype (above combobox)  and PriceFactor (above combobox)

  LAYER # Parcels Polygon Layer
                    NAME 'Parcels'
                    DATA 'parcels/parcels.shp'
                    STATUS DEFAULT