[mapserver-users] How do I use ASRP maps in mapserver?

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Dec 9 10:49:04 EST 2009

Alans wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to use ASRP maps in mapserver, or point me at some
> relevant documentation. The GDAL list of supported raster formats indicates
> that this should be possible (http://www.gdal.org/frmt_various.html#SRP) but
> I can't find any instructions as to how to specify this format in a LAYER of
> a .map file.

Hello Alans,

Interesting.  I have never used that format but I can give some hints.

First, you should execute 'gdalinfo --formats' on your server to check
if you has SRP support.  Look for something like "SRP (ro) : Standard
Raster Product (ASRP/USRP)" in the returned list of formats; this will
verify that your local MapServer/GDAL build can read the ASRP format.

Next, you can point to the image in your mapfile layer, such as (and I'm
guessing this, as I don't have your data to test):

LAYER
   NAME "ASRP"
   DATA "myfile.img"
   TYPE RASTER
   STATUS ON
END

(a good document for you to read about raster support in MapServer is
http://www.mapserver.org/input/raster.html)

Finally, you could test your mapfile with the shp2img commandline
utility, to see any error reports
(http://www.mapserver.org/utilities/shp2img.html)

I hope this helps you a little.

-jeff