[mapserver-users] MapServer CGI + Oracle + Query, msQueryByShape no results

Nolte, Tim Tim.Nolte at ipcswirelessinc.com
Fri Dec 11 14:11:55 EST 2009

I have a web client that makes calls to the MapServer (5.6.0rc1) CGI. I'm requesting the results of a query. The issue I am having is that if one of the layers specified has no results the whole process fails with:

	msQueryByShape(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s) found.

If I run the same query but only pass a single layer that does have results then it works. Additionally if I run the same query again and have results in both of say 2 layers searched, I only get the layer that is searched first to be highlighted rather than all of the results of all layers. It seems like the logic that is used for querying is flawed. Was the design of using a query file only designed to be used with 1 layer at a time? I really need help as this is breaking the web client and causing users to get unexpected results. Thanks.

- Tim

----
Timothy J Nolte - tnolte at ilpcs.com
Network Planning Engineer