[mapserver-users] mapserver 5.6.0, RFC 52 and driver support

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Sun Dec 27 23:24:34 EST 2009

Frank,

  With the new changes, the query takes about 5 minutes (2.5 minutes for
the first pass and 2.5 minutes for the second) to return the 868
records.

  Using the old mapogr.c it would take 2.5 minutes (the first pass) + 1
minute/record (the second pass) = 15 hours (est).  This is connecting to
OGR->ODBC-Postgres on my laptop.  I won't be able to test in the
production environment for a couple of weeks.

  Based on these numbers I'd say it's a vast improvement!

Brent