[mapserver-users] CLASS expression and maxscaledenom ignored

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Feb 4 14:55:13 EST 2009

In looking at the source the attribute queries do respect both class expressions and
scales. However, a typical attribute query will not result in a scale being set beforehand
because attribute queries tend not to be tied to a map unlike "click on a map" type queries.

The whichShapes method is CLASS independent and is really just a convenience method.
The other query functions use whichShapes internally to setup the list of candidate shapes
and they themselves apply specific rules to include or exclude a candidate shape. For queries
we look at the availability of a presentation template for example.

What does your class structure look like?

Steve

<427029.61749.qm at web52306.mail.re2.yahoo.com>, "J.J. Schlafley"